Table of Contents
- Benefits of DIY Pool Maintenance (pg. 1)
- Swimming Pool Maintenance Costs (pg. 2)
- The Three “C’s” of Pool Maintenance (pg. 2)
- Pool Maintenance Equipment (pg. 2)
- Twice-Weekly Pool Maintenance Tasks (pg. 3)
- Weekly Pool Maintenance Tasks (pg. 4)
- Monthly Pool Maintenance Tasks (pg. 5)
- Annual Pool Maintenance Tasks (pg. 6)
Benefits of DIY Pool Maintenance
This guide contains all the information you could possibly need to maintain your pool on your own. Not only will you save a lot of money doing it yourself, but you will also feel confident in your abilities to address any emergency maintenance issues with your pool. Home Advisor predicts that the average homeowner who does their own pool maintenance will spend $1,000 – $1,500 in a year. This is considerably less than the cost of pool services, which can be hundreds of dollars a month.
This guide will first describe the different maintenance costs that you should consider before committing to building a pool. Then it will cover the basics of pool maintenance and the equipment that you will need to handle it on your own. After that, it is set up to read like a maintenance schedule with the different maintenance tasks divided under twice-weekly, weekly, monthly, and yearly frequencies. Should you have any questions after reading this guide, please feel free to comment below or call one the USA Pool Direct experts at (855) 737-8983.